Here at Trafalgar Street we take car parking very seriously indeed, but that doesn’t mean that we don’t have a sense of humour.
Our obsession with car parks even extends to the jokes we tell each other in the office, so this week we thought we’d share some of our favourite car and car park jokes with you. All of them are good clean fun, although some will make you groan!
- What do you do when you see a spaceman? Park in it, man!
- Crime in multi-storey car parks. That is wrong on so many levels. (Thanks to Tim Vine for this one!)
- I was parking my car in the hospital car park when the attendant said, “You can’t park here, it’s for badge holders only!” I said, “But I do have a bad shoulder!”
- A man walks into a car parts shop and says, “I need a fuel cap for a Lada.” The store assistant replies, “That sounds like a fair trade!”
- I wouldn’t say that my wife is bad at parking, but we pulled into a service station one day and it took her ten minutes to park in the bay. After she was satisfied I turned to her and said, “Blimey, you really are terrible at parking, aren’t you?”
She replied angrily, “But I’m in between the white lines!”
“Yes, dear, I know,” I patiently responded, “But we’re in a coach bay.”
- My local car park has a sign saying, “Remember to buy a parking ticket!” I never bother, though. If you wait long enough the traffic warden will give you one for free!
Sometimes truth is funnier than fiction, though. Here are a few genuine notes that have been left on inconsiderate car park users windscreens – not in our car park though!
- “In this super-sized parking lot, I applaud your ability to find not only one spot but FOUR! You, sir, are envied by all douchebag parkers!”
- “Thanks for always parking across the path. It gives me the opportunity to be a movie star and slide across your hood every now and then. Try it, it’s awesome!”
- “Optimus Prime disapproves of this horribly executed parking job. Autobots, roll out!”
Of course, we can’t post some of these notes here because irate drivers often use very spicy language! Fortunately, here at Trafalgar Street car park, we create an enjoyable parking experience for all our users, so, hopefully, nobody needs to leave notes or make terrible car park jokes like this – we have such well-behaved customers!